Thursday, June 17, 2010

Oops

I feel like I should preface this story so that any observations or judgement about my character and driving talent are based solely on the act and not the extenuating circumstances. I was not intoxicated, inebriated or in any other non-sober state when this happened. My brain just decided to go on a brief vacation at the most inopportune moment.

So my friend and I are driving around the downtown area of our quaint little city; talking, singing and dancing the night away when I decided to make a last minute turn...the wrong way down a one-way street...
Now there were many things that are wrong with this poor decision, but the worst part of the whole ordeal was how long it took me to figure out what had happened. Here I absentmindedly turn the corner and: I wondered why all of the cars that were parked on both sides of the road were facing the same direction (towards me), the light at the next intersection was facing the wrong way and I couldn't read the signs (a solid silver surface didn't really give me all that much to work with).
Only when I finally realized that my friend was screaming, "You're going the wrong way!" did the pieces finally fall into place in my brain.
The whole experience doesn't really put me in the best light, but it became the inside joke of the evening. Leave it to me to make myself the butt of the joke.
G'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment